Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Words of Wisdom... my two cents worth

I have been very fortunate to have this sabbatical year to just think and ponder life. Hopefully I have become a bit wiser in the process. Also with my wonderful husband being so wise, how could it not rub off a bit on me :)

So here are my two cents worth: My Top 10 Life Lessons (in no particular order)

  1. Family is very important - don't take them for granted.
  2. Live consciously, don't be ignorant of what is happening around you and why, think about your actions and how it influences others. 
  3. Enjoy life, it is too short so live without regrets and don't fuss about petty things.
  4. Dream big, anything is possible - If you are not dreaming, then you are not living.
  5. Be true to yourself, don't pretend to be something or someone that you are not, in order to gain respect from others. Be happy with who you are!
  6. Learn from your mistakes and your misfortunes, these valuable lessons only make you stronger.
  7. Give back to society, help others less fortunate - think about what YOU are doing for society (in particular your career) to make the world a better place for all.
  8. Beware of media (particularly news and movies) and food labels as they often lie, leave out information or twist words to mislead/manipulate viewers.
  9. Live positively. Your actions will positively influence others - even a smile goes a long way!
  10. Money isn't everything - success is doing what you love, being surrounded by the people you love and helping to improve society in some way - this is true happiness. Not luxuries like fancy cars, jewellery, shoes, the latest iPhone, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Well said Taryn.
    I'm taking your advice to "Dream Big" - I've neglected that part of my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic Sheri! :) it is so important to dream big - if you put your mind and heart into it, nothing is impossible! You go girl! :) good luck!

      Delete