Monday, January 28, 2013

Spring Term begins

Today, Spring Term at Harvard started (strange that they call this Spring term since is it technically is still Winter!).

So it's back to school for most students, including Athol, to do another semester. Time is really just flying by, we have 20 weeks left here in Boston before we go back home to Johannesburg. We are still loving every minute of our adventure here. So Athol will be doing four courses this semester (even though he will only need three for credit), there are just so many interesting courses available at Harvard. Fortunately, his lectures start after 10am and finish no later than 4pm (by intentional design) so at least we can enjoy breakfasts and suppers together. Compared to J-Term this should be much easier since the course is spread out and you don't have to be there 8am-6pm every day. Plus the weather should be getting warmer, sunset is now at 4:45pm :) Despite the recent sub-zero temperatures (as low as -22C with wind chill) the sun at least shines so it isn't too deathly. Thank goodness for good internal heating! We can even walk around in t-shirts.

I will be auditing a Corporate Finance course at the Harvard School of Economics on Tuesdays and Thursdays - should be useful for my job back home.  I need to touch up on my stats and microeconomics as it's been a while :) I have my English tutoring on Wednesdays and I will resume my mandarin lessons soon.

So looking forward to another semester in this great city!



No comments:

Post a Comment