Wednesday, November 7, 2012

First snowfall in Cambridge

I got off the T this afternoon at Harvard Square and I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful sight of snow. My first snow ever!

As I walked home, I watched the tiny snowflakes dance in the breeze. I haven't really seen snow before, we've only had some sleet in Johannesburg, although it snowed this year but we were here in Boston. It also snowed in September 1981 but I was only one years old so can't remember anything, luckily I have photos of my mom holding me in our garden - me wrapped up warmly in a yellow woolen poncho :)

It is still snowing, probably about 2-3 inches of snow has fallen. It is such a beautiful sight, the snow seems so bright - the reflection from the streetlights make it brighter. I guess that's how they got the saying... as white as snow! It really feels so magical, it's like we're in a Christmas card :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment