Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My first book of illustrations 'Oaky and the Sun' - collaboration with AE Ballakisten

The 'Oaky and the Sun' ebook was released on 10 June 2013.

http://store.blurb.com/ebooks/394620-oaky-and-the-sun

It is a children's picture book. It is based on a poem which Athol wrote in 1998, about an acorn who is searching for direction in life. During my sabbatical in the US, I decided to do the illustrations for the book. After many hours, this is the final product:




While on sabbatical in the USA, my artistic creativity was re-ignited leading me to collaborate with poet AE Ballakisten in producing his latest book.   Oaky and the Sun is my first book of illustrations, which I hope will be the first of many.  Through my illustrations, I hope to help writers tell their stories more powerfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment