Sunday, May 7, 2017

Trip to Pisa, Italy - Part 2 - Food Heaven

The food in Pisa is amazing! I've always wanted to visit Italy. I grew up with Italian food. My mom used to make spaghetti and pizza. My mom used to have an Italian coffee shop and sold cappucinos, tiramisu, focaccia, Italian ice-cream, etc. Even my two best friends at high school were Italian.

We have the best pizza at Pizzeria Rustica. To our surprise we loved the Funghi pizza without cheese! You really get to taste the base, mushrooms and pomodoro. Think it was the best pizza we ever had.

We also tried their Anchini which are fried rice balls with vegetables inside.


We had a great lunch at Ristoro Pecorino on Via Santa Maria - Bruschetta, Vegetarian Platter, Ribolitta (known as poor man's food, which is a vegetable stew with beans and bread) and tiramisu! Absolutely delicious!




We had pasta at Il Peperonchino on Santa Marina one night. I had the Spaghetti Cabonara and Athol had the Pesto Tagliatelli which was absolutely delicious!

 Of course, we had to try the gelato :) I tried the Straciatelli i.e. chocolate chip :)


No comments:

Post a Comment