Thursday, June 14, 2012

4 days... yikes

Can't belive that next week this time we will be in Boston. Luckily it will be summer there, it has been very cold here in Joburg 0-16 degrees, our houses are really not made for the cold. Am not looking forward to the Boston winters :)

With so little time left we have decided to call off the search for a tenant, it would just be impossible for us now to pack everything in storage. There was some interest, but wanted a 2 year lease or wanted a maids quarters. Anyway, at least we don't have to pack up everything.

Am trying to buy furniture online, seems to work out cheaper if we just buy all things instead of renting, although they have lots of furniture rental companies there. Discovered that we actually need a cellphone urgently so that we can order things for delivery. Luckily we have booked accommodation at a hotel for 3 nights so that we can try organise things.

It is all rather exciting, almost surreal.

This is definately an end of an era, there will be a pre-Boston us and a post-Boston us. This has given us the chance to sort out a lot of things here... closure. We start afresh in Boston, everything will be different, different home, people, food, shops, groceries, brands, etc..... a break from South Africa, the crime, the politics, the corruption, the negativity and our usual routine. A chance to experience something new with my best friend. A year of fun, adventure and learnings.

My life at this point in time is perfect, I am happy and content. I am married to the MOST wonderful husband, I have a good job that I enjoy, we have a beautiful home and I have good family and friends. I have had such a forfilling and happy life, I am blessed in countless ways. If I died today, I would have no regrets. Such a great space to be in. I am truely lucky to be able to take off a year from work.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your adventure! Wow to your last paragraph!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Owen, will definately make the most of our time here :) am truely blessed for this opportunity

    ReplyDelete